Improve motivation right at home
"But I don't want to do my science homework!" "I'll take out the trash later." "Do I have to do my math problems now?"
• Help your child figure out exactly what needs to be done.
• Show your child how to divide big jobs into small steps.
• Let your child make choices about how to finish a job.
• Encourage your child to reward herself as she finishes each step.
• Praise your child for tackling a tough project.
Copyright © 2008 The Parent Institute® www.parent-institute.com